Activity 12: Responding
Year Level: Years 6/7 – 8/9
Description: This section gives students an opportunity to synthesise their understanding of the Lockie Leonard – Series 1 TV series to create responses in a variety of genres. The students can take on different roles to write, upload, design and create their personal responses.
Curriculum Study Areas: English, The Arts (Media), SOSE, Health and Physical Education, Personal and Social Capability
Personal and social capability:
English and Media studies:
asking for help
coping with challenges
identity and individuality
appropriate and effective communication
signs, codes and conventions
- Provide students with opportunities to respond critically and ethically to Lockie Leonard.
- Design and produce a variety of justified responses to the Lockie Leonard TV series.
- Synthesise and evaluate their understanding of the series to re-create their own scene.
- Deconstruct and evaluate the technical codes and signs in the production of the series.
Teaching and Learning Activities: Each strand contains activities organised in two main components:
- the 'discussing' component: students will use individual and group talk to come to understandings about the issues and characters and to explore the significance of those understandings (e.g. for their own lives).
- the 'doing' component: students will use their understandings and explorations in order to do something – for example, perform or tell a story, create a product, transform some aspect of the series.